Summertime Slow Cooker Recipes
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
One of my favorite ways to cook is in a slow cooker, I even turn non-slow cooker recipes into slow cooker ones. Your crock isn’t just for winter, stay out of the kitchen and just flip the switch!
Here are some healthy options for you to set and forget!! Enjoy!!
Slow Cooker Zucchini and Squash Parmesan
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into bite sized slices
- 3 medium yellow summer squash, cut into bite sized slices
- 1 onion, diced
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2½ cups shredded Parmesan cheese, you can use grated
- Spray the slow cooker with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Put the zucchini, squash, onions, and tomatoes into the slow cooker. Sprinkle with pepper.
- In a separate bowl combine chicken broth, olive oil, minced garlic and 1½ cups Parmesan cheese. Pour mixture over the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours, open lid, add another cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook for 1-2 additional hours on low.
- To make this a complete meal, add some cubed cooked chicken to the mix.
Serves 10. Each serving contains Calories 240, Carbohydrates 6g., Protein 24g., Fat 13g., Fiber 1g., Sodium 936mg.
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- 8 cups fresh corn kernels
- ½ cup half and half
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 4 tablespoons butter, sliced into pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chives for garnish, optional
- 2 tablespoons sugar, optional, with fresh corm I think it is sweet enough
- Pour half and half in a blender with 1 cup of corn and puree until smooth. In a 3 ½ to 4 quart slow cooker add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over high heat for 1 ½ hours or low heat setting for 3-4 hours.
- Stir the corn to incorporate the melted cream cheese. Season with more kosher salt or pepper to taste and garnish with chopped chives if desired.
Yields 10 cups. Each cup contains Calories 295, Carbohydrates 36g., Protein 7g., Fat 17g., Sodium 143mg., Fiber 4g.
Italian Slow Cooker Beef Sandwiches with Pickled Vegetable Aioli
(This is a modified version of a Valerie Bertinelli recipe)
For the Beef
- 4 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, quartered
- 2 red, orange, or yellow bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1, 15 ounce can diced tomatoes with basil and oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning, store bought or make your own
- Combine 3 tablespoons dried basil,
- 3 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the Aioli
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1, 16-ounce jar giardiniera, drained
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For serving: Four 12-14 inch loaves French bread, halved crosswise, split and lightly toasted
For the beef
- Combine the chuck, bell peppers, onions, garlic, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, 2½ teaspoons salt, and some pepper in a slow cooker. Cook on the low setting for 8 hours.
- Use a ladle to remove some of the excess fat from the surface, then coarsely shred the beef with two forks.
- Season with salt and pepper.
For the aioli
- Place the garlic, Dijon and mayonnaise in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- With the motor running, add the olive oil and vegetable oil in a very slow steady stream until it is all incorporated. Add the in the giardiniera to the food processor and pulse until chopped. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the aioli on both sides of the bread and then make sandwiches with the shredded beef. Serve immediately.
Crock Pot Hot Dog Chili
- 1 pound ground beef, lean cut
- ⅓ cup water
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon minced onion
- In a medium skillet over medium heat combine the ground beef and water. Make sure to constantly break up the ground beef while it is cooking. You want it as fine as possible. Drain off any remaining water/grease.
- Add the beef to your slow cooker.
- Next, add all the remaining ingredients and stir together. Let cook on LOW 2 to 2-½ hours.
- Serve on hot dogs, French fries, or burgers!
Yields 8 servings. I like to multiply the recipe, fill the Crock pot, and freeze the extra in small containers.
Slow Cooker Honey Lime Chicken Tacos
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- ½ cup lime juice
- ½ cup local honey
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Lime and cilantro to garnish
- Add the chicken breasts to a 6 quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, stir together the fajita seasoning, lime juice, honey, chicken stock, garlic and paprika.
- Pour the sauce mix over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours. Once done, shred the chicken and return to the juice in the slow cooker.
Serve on tortillas with your favorite toppings.
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 ½ pounds skinless boneless chicken
- 1, 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1, 15 ounce can Rotel
- 1 ½ cups fresh corn
- 2 bell peppers, any color, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Diced avocado, limes and cilantro for serving
- Crumbled tortilla chips for serving, optional
- To make the soup, start by adding all of the soup ingredients to the crock pot, aside from the chicken. Stir well. Next, add the uncooked chicken and completely submerge until they are covered.
- Cover and cook the soup and chicken in the crock pot on medium for 5-6 hours or until the chicken shreds and falls apart. Once it’s cooked, remove the chicken from the soup and use two forks to pull it apart. It should shred easily. Place the shredded chicken back in the soup, stir well and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve the chicken tortilla soup warm with sliced avocado, cilantro, lime juice and crumbled tortilla chips.